Family Housing Covid Firebreak Update
Published on Oct 21, 2020
Following the Welsh Government update of a firebreak lockdown across Wales between 6pm on Friday 23rd October and Monday 9th November, this is an update about services for tenants during this period.
As ever, our priority is to protect the health and safety of you, your family, and our people. We will continue to closely follow Government advice and keep you updated.
We ask that you remain considerate towards each other, particularly your neighbours, in what is a difficult time for everyone. Also, please note that our phone lines are very busy due to a high demand for services.
- If you have an appointment with us, please let us know if you, or someone you live with has tested positive for Covid 19
- Please stay 2m apart from anyone entering your home, or in any shared spaces
- By letting us into your home if you have an appointment booked inside the building you live in
- By wearing your mask when you are in communal areas
- By reporting anything you think could be a danger
- By letting us know about any of your neighbours you may be concerned about
- By keeping all communal areas clear of hazards such as bikes and pushchairs
- Face to face meetings will remain on hold, apart from emergency situations
- Communal rooms in all schemes will remain closed
- Some services in extra care schemes, such as hairdressers, will close temporarily and others, such as gyms and community activities will remain closed beyond the two-week firebreak.
- We will not carry out routine repairs in your home
- We will not be replacing Bathrooms & Kitchens
- We will not carry out routine inspections.
- We will not be undertaking adaptations to your home unless it is essential to enable you to move into your home.
- Our phone lines remain very busy. Please contact us through our website or webchat if your query isn’t urgent
- Your home move will be delayed if it is not urgent
- Some of our services in Extra Care schemes such as shops and restaurants will continue but with changes to the way they operate
- Our reception at Walter Rd will remain open on an appointment only basis
- Our webchat and website are operating as normal
- It’s important you continue to make rent payments, which you can do online and over the phone . See here
- Advice and support is available for anyone with concerns about your welfare, money worries, or your tenancy.
- We will continue to deal with anti-social behaviour as set out here
- If you are already due to move home or urgently need to move you can still do so
- We will carry out Emergency & Urgent repairs in your home
- We will carry out our Estates & Grounds Maintenance service
- We will carry out Inspections to Tenant’s homes in emergency situations
- We will continue with our Gas and Electrical Safety checks
- We will carry out work to our empty properties
- We will carry out works in communal areas
|Frequently asked questions
|What will happen to my repair appointment during lockdown?
||If your repair is not an emergency, we will contact you to rearrange your appointment for a convenient date after 9th November 2020
|Can I report a repair during lockdown?
||You can report your repair via your MY home app, by phone or e-mail but no repairs can be received in person at our offices. If your repair is not an emergency, it will be scheduled to be carried out after the lock down period has ended.
Your safety and the safety of our staff and Contractors is our priority and we will only undertake work where it is safe to do so. Our Contractors will carry out a risk assessment and will wear appropriate personal protective equipment before carrying out work. We will ask you about your health and those in your household to establish if anyone has covid-19 symptoms before we enter your home.