Family Housing Services After Firebreak
Published on Nov 6, 2020
This is an update about our services to tenants after the Welsh Government’s firebreak across Wales end’s Monday 9th November.
We are now operating in the Amber phase of our repairs services (see here) and have updated the chart below to show we still have a few disrupted services.
Our priority is to protect the health and safety of everyone and we will continue to closely follow Government advice and keep you updated.
We again, ask that you remain considerate towards each other, particularly your neighbours, in what is a difficult time for everyone.
Also, please note that our phone lines are very busy due to a high demand for services and we have other means for you to contact us for non emergency queries.
- If you have an appointment with us, please let us know if you, or someone you live with has tested positive for Covid 19
- Please stay 2m apart from anyone entering your home, or in any shared spaces
- By letting us into your home if you have an appointment booked inside the building you live in
- By wearing your mask when you are in communal areas
- By reporting anything you think could be a danger
- By letting us know about any of your neighbours you may be concerned about
- By keeping all communal areas clear of hazards such as bikes and pushchairs
- Face to face meetings will remain on hold, apart from emergency situations
- Communal rooms in all schemes will remain closed
- Some services in extra care schemes, such as gyms and community activities will remain closed
- We will not carry out routine repairs in your home
- We will not be replacing Bathrooms & Kitchens
- We will not carry out routine inspections.
- We will not be undertaking adaptations to your home unless it is essential to enable you to move into your home.
- Our phone lines remain very busy. Please contact us through our website or webchat if your query isn’t urgent
- Some of our services in Extra Care schemes such as shops, hairdressers and restaurants will be open but with continued changes to the way they operate
- Our reception at Walter Rd will remain open on an appointment only basis
- Our webchat and website are operating as normal
- Lettings and moving home services will resume as usual with some changes to how you view and sign for your new home
- It’s important you continue to make rent payments, which you can do online and over the phone . See here
- Advice and support is available for anyone with concerns about your welfare, money worries, or your tenancy.
- We will continue to deal with anti-social behaviour as set out here
- If you are already due to move home or urgently need to move you can still do so
- We will carry out Emergency & Urgent repairs in your home
- We will carry out our Estates & Grounds Maintenance service
- We will carry out Inspections to Tenant’s homes in emergency situations
- We will continue with our Gas and Electrical Safety checks
- We will carry out work to our empty properties
- We will carry out works in communal areas