Request a call back
Comments, compliments, complaints

Application criteria

How do I apply to rent a home?

Question PicYou do not need to fill in an application form. You can apply by visiting our office at 43 Walter Road Swansea or by phoning us on        01792 482702 or 0800 021 3930.

We will offer you an interpretation service or text phone if you need it.

For families, single people and older persons

You can apply for a rented home once you are 16, but for all under 18s, we will offer you a particular type of tenancy.  Once you reach 18 you will then become either an Introductory or Assured Tenant. 

Priority for rented housing is given to people who:

  • are homeless or threatened with homelessness 
  • live in poor conditions or overcrowded housing
  • cannot afford to remain where they currently live
  • need to move for medical or welfare reasons such as care and support
  • need to move for easier access for work or training 

You should also be able to say 'yes' to at least some of the following to be accepted onto our waiting list: 

  •  lack of secure tenure -if you do not have a legal right to occupy your home
  •  your home is either overcrowded or too big
  •  you are sharing a bathroom or kitchen with other people who are not part of your family
  •  you cannot afford your current rent or mortgage
  •  your current home is in a poor state of repair
  •  you need to move for easier access to work, education or training
  • you need to move for a medical or support reason 
  • your current situation means your children cannot live with you
  • you are facing an issue which seriously affects where you are living at the moment. 


For older persons who need extra care

The age criteria for apartments in our extra care schemes varies according to the local authority area and the level of support you need, but ranges from 45 years in Ceredigion to 55 years in Swansea.

Please contact us for more details. Swansea 01792 285900, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire  01239 621800.