Home > About > Cardigan Extra Care Project > Extra Care Scheme (English)
WELCOME TO CARDIGAN EXTRA CARE
A new style of living for the over 55s
Click here for a bird's eye 'flight' over the Cardigan development.
(NB Uses Windows Media Player)
Family Housing, working in partnership with Ceredigion County Council, are creating an exciting new housing development with 21st century style and innovation. The scheme in Cardigan, which is due for completion in 2011, will create a new style of living for the over 55s.
One that -
- Provides a setting which enables people to develop their own community
- Creates a sense of place
- Creates a sense of belonging and ownership
- Encourages lively contact with the wider community.
The Scheme design
Scheme design features include:
- The maximum use of natural daylight in circulation areas
- Attractive landscaped grounds for sitting and relaxing
- Wheelchair access to all areas including lifts to all floors
- Advanced technology enabling access to emergency assistance 24 hours a day
- A range of flexible on-site services to meet various and changing needs
- On-site Care & Support team
48 self-contained one and two bedroomed apartments.
- Individually designed to make use of daylight and views.
- Fitted Kitchens
- Large Bathrooms
- Under floor heating
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Intercom alarm system
- High level insulation
The scheme will have a range of facilities providing opportunities for a leisure, social and community activities.
- Community meeting room
- Hair dressing Salon
- Small Shop
- Craft and Hobby Room
- Library/ Computer Suite
- Therapy Room
- Guest Suite
- Quiet areas for casual conversation
Care and Support
Family Housing Association have over 35 years of specialist housing management and support experience. Our Scheme Manager is responsible for the management of the scheme including:-
- Coordinating Care and Support services
- Creating links with the community in Cardigan and beyond
- Assisting tenants to make the maximum use of the extensive facilities.
- Encouraging tenants to participate fully in the management of the scheme
Part of the community - not a community apart
Ref: Click here to view Family Housing Association's Hazel Court project (This opens a new page)